Next Generation Science Standards Webinars
GLOBE's webinar series "Aligning the GLOBE Program with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) covers the basics of NGSS, how GLOBE fits with the standards, and lessons learned throughout this initiative.
For a list of the upcoming webinars, click here.
Click on the screens to view the YouTube recordings.
Webinar 8 "Lessons Learned - Developing the alignment between the Next Generation Science Standards and GLOBE": Is your organization planning to undergo the process of aligning curriculum materials to the Next Generation Science Standards? Listen as members of The GLOBE Program alignment team share lessons learned from the year long alignment project.
|link to come || |
Webinar 7 "GLOBE and NGSS Alignment for GLOBE Partnerships and Trainers": Presenters introduced each section of the alignment and participants discussed how these resources should be integrated into future GLOBE Professional Development workshops.
Webinar 6 "GLOBE and NGSS Alignment for K-12 Educators"
This webinar provides K-12 teachers with an overview of the GLOBE Program's Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) alignment resources. Learn how to identify which NGSS practices fit into your classroom implementation of GLOBE protocols.
| ||Webinar 5 "NGSS Alignment: What does it mean and how do you do it?" Dr. Matt Gilmore of the University of North Dakota and Dr. Lisa Gardiner of SPARK/UCAR, two GLOBE Partners, as they discuss what NGSS means to their organizations and how they are preparing for the adoption of NGSS and the alignment of their resources. |
| || |
Webinar 4 "An Introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards: Conceptual Shift 5," can be found here.
* Conceptual Shift 5 Science and Engineering are Integrated in the NGSS from K-12
Webinar 3 "An Introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards: Conceptual Shift 4," from 11 September 2013 can be found here.
* Conceptual Shift 4 The NGSS Focus on Deeper Understanding of Content as well as Application of Content
Webinar 2 "An Introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards: Conceptual Shifts 3 & 7," from 14 August 2013 can be found here.
* Conceptual Shift 3 The science concepts build coherently from K-12
* Conceptual Shift 7 The NGSS and Common Core State Standards (English Language Arts and Mathematics) are Aligned
Webinar 1: "An Introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards: Conceptual Shifts 1 & 2" from 18 July 2013 can be found here.
* Conceptual Shift 1 K-12 Science Education Should Reflect the Interconnected Nature of Science as it is Practiced and Experienced in the Real World.
* The Next Generation Science Standards are student performance expectations - NOT curriculum.