The GLOBE International STEM Network (GISN)
The GLOBE International STEM Network (GISN) is an international network of STEM professionals (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) that work with GLOBE students around the world conducting science. STEM professionals mentor students and teachers, present scientific ideas, and/or collaborate on scientific research. Each relationship between a STEM professional and a GLOBE school is unique, and is determined by the STEM professional and the school.
Why scientists participate in GLOBE
1. STEM professionals working with GLOBE have a strong desire to mentor and inspire young minds by interacting with the next generation.
2. GLOBE has a scientific database extending over 20 years with data in most earth system science research areas that can be used to supplement standard research data.
3. GLOBE students can collect additional data related to your research expanding your observation network. Propose a Field Campaign!
4. The international nature of GLOBE provides a unique opportunity to add or establish an international component to your research.
5. GLOBE students want to be a part of real-world, cutting edge science that matters to them, their community and scientists. GLOBE scientists contribute to science education in a unique way that can have a lasting impression on student interest in science, as well as scientific literacy.
Interested in joining this network? Find out how to become a member of the GISN!