Working Group - Overview
GLOBE Working Groups
In addition to working with scientists, educators, and country partners around the world, GLOBE also collaborates with local community members to develop and implement GLOBE's mission. These teams, or Working Groups (WGs), provide us with valuable feedback on the management of The GLOBE Program and present us with potential opportunities for increasing our global impact. They also serve as an important link between the program and GLOBE communities at large.
Each of our five WGs is composed of up to seven nominated members. If there's a topic you think should be discussed by a WG and brought forward to the management of The GLOBE Program, you can contact a WG representative for your region. We strive to ensure that each of our six GLOBE regions maintain representation in our WGs, so if your region doesn't have a currently active member, please contact the WG Chair.
To be a functional and productive member of a GLOBE WG, there are additional expectations and responsibilities that must be met. To be a WG member you must:
- Attend at least 9 of the 12 monthly WG meetings throughout the year
- Meetings are held via Zoom
- Have a functioning internet connection
- Attend the GLOBE Annual Meeting
- Fully participate during online meetings
- Respond to all GLOBE email correspondences during your service
- Maintain sufficient written and oral English skills
- Maintain an updated My Page, updating at least annually
Important: A typical term of service is one to three years for a WG member. However, a member may be asked to step down from the group if they fail to meet the above requirements.
Current GLOBE Working Groups