2020 International Virtual Science Symposium Reports Due Today (10 March)
Planning on participating in the 2020 GLOBE International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS)? Reports are due 10 March! The IVSS is an exciting way for students from all over the world to showcase their hard work. With GLOBE, students learn the practices of science through hands-on investigations in their own communities, sparking their curiosity and interest in science. This often leads to inquiries that help solve real-world problems and further understanding of our global environment.
Information and Resources
Your reports are invaluable assets to the GLOBE community, as well as to present and future research, STEM, and scientific endeavors! Need more information on available resources? Check these out:
- Instructions (How and What to Submit)
- Rubrics (By Grade Level)
- Badges (You Can Earn up to Four, including the Student Research Badge)
- Resources (To Help with Your Success in Completing Your Report)
- FAQs (Have a Question – Find an Answer)
All students who submit a project to the IVSS will receive feedback from judges and virtual badges on their school page. In addition, each project that receives a four-star student research badge, plus a minimum of two optional badges, will be eligible for a drawing to receive a stipend to attend the 25th Anniversary GLOBE Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, USA in July 2020! (NOTE: Only students selected through the IVSS and the U.S. Student Research Symposia will be able to attend the 25th Anniversary GLOBE Annual Meeting.!
If you have a question or need assistance, send an email to: email@example.com! GIO is here to help!
IVSS Timeline/Important Dates:
- Informational webinar: 30 October 2019 (To view the recorded webinar, click here.)
- Reports accepted: through 10 March
- Judging webinar: 30 March (12:00 p.m. EDT)
- Judging period: 30 March – 06 April
- Feedback and virtual badges shared: 22 April
- Drawing for stipends: 22 April
For more information on the IVSS, click here.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office