About GLOBE Stars & Instructions
Instructions for GLOBE Stars
About GLOBE Star Stories
GLOBE "Star Stories" highlight extraordinary examples of projects, events, and activities being conducted around the world in connection to GLOBE, including:
- student research benefiting the environment
- students helping research scientists through collection and interpretation of environmental data
- students impacting a local community by developing community awareness or introducing new research tools and technology
- teachers and schools developing networks to expand GLOBE in a country or region
- effective collaborative endeavors
GLOBE Star Stories are the "bright lights" that spark imagination and inspire us with news of GLOBE at work in the world. Do you have a GLOBE Star Story to share? Then please follow the "Guidelines for Submitting a Star Story," which are listed below.
Guidelines for Submitting a Star Story
If you’d like to share your Star Story, please follow these simple steps:
- Provide: 1) your name; 2) your title; 3) your city, state, and country; 4) your GLOBE school or partnership, and the length of time you've been working with GLOBE; and 5) the title of the event or activity, and when/where it took place.
- Answer the following THREE questions: (Please include quotations! Quotes make a story come alive. Be sure to gather the words of students or others who can offer insight or anecdotes.) 1) What do you want to tell us about? 2) Why is it important to you? 3) Why is it important to GLOBE?
- Copy and paste the questions, along with your answers, into an email. (Please be sure to add as much detail as you would like to share; be sure to check the accuracy of dates and the spelling of names and places; and please edit one last time before you submit your Star Story.)
- In the email, ATTACH (DO NOT INSERT) high-quality photos (at least one) of the event/activity.
- In the email, attach your Photo Release Forms. (In order for photos to be published on the website, there must be a signed Photo Release Form from every person shown, and who can be identified, in the photographs.) To download the photo release forms, click here.
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Be sure to "cc" your Country Coordinator.)
When the Communications Team receives your submission, you will be contacted. We will work with you to produce your story and to ensure that it reaches a worldwide audience.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.