Today (30 Oct): U.S. Teachers – Join (Livestream) as NAEP Present Results of the 2019 Nation’s Report Card
On 30 October, NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) Day, the National Assessment Governing Board will present the results from the 2019 Nation’s Report Card in Reading and Mathematics for grades 4 and 8 – and to discuss how stakeholders can help build more equitable educational outcomes.
The event will be held at the National Press Club Ballroom in Washington, D.C., at 1:30 p.m. ET. The event will also be livestreamed.
Presentation of National, State, and Trial Urban District Assessment Results: Peggy Carr, Associate Commissioner, Assessment Division National Center for Education Statistics
Reflections on TUDA Results: Michael Casserly, Executive Director, Council of the Great City Schools
Panel: “Diverging Trend Lines”
- Caroline Hendrie, Executive Director, Education Writers Association (moderator)
- Alice Peisch, Massachusetts State Representative (invited)
- Omar Riaz, Principal, Broadmoor Elementary School, Miami, Florida
- Cicely Woodard, 2018 Tennessee State Teacher of the Year
- Carey Wright, Mississippi State Superintendent of Education
To register for the event, click here.
To register for the livestream, click here.
To learn more about NAEP, click here.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office