Attending the 2019 Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California, USA? Attend GLOBE Sessions!
As the American Geophysical Union (AGU) marks its Centennial in 2019, the meeting (09-13 December) returns to San Francisco, the home of the AGU Fall Meeting for more than 40 years. Join the diverse community at the newly renovated Moscone Center as participants collaborate across borders and boundaries to explore and develop research.
The GLOBE Program will be presenting a variety of sessions at the meeting – and you are cordially invited to attend!
Monday, 09 December:
- ED13E-0921: Helping Middle School Students Build Understanding of Hazardous Weather and Its Impacts with the GLOBE Weather Curriculum (Moscone South, Poster Hall; 13:40-18:00)
- ED13E-0920: Making a Case for Hands-Off, Student-Lead Research in Alternative Settings (Moscone South, Poster Hall; 13:40-18:00)
Tuesday, 10 December:
- AGU GIFT: Worldwide Weather: How Do Storms Move Around the World? (Marriott Marquis, Golden Gate B, B2; 10:00-11:30)
- IN23B-04: What Does Data Collected for the GLOBE Program Indicate About Changing Environmental Extremes Over the Past Two Decades? (Moscone South - eLightning Theater III; Afternoon)
- IN23B: Making Data Usable and Accessible: Gaining Insight from Citizen Science Applications II (Moscone South; eLightning Theater III; 13:40-15:40)
Wednesday, 11 December:
- ED31E: Science to Action: Learning Ecosystems as a Pathway to Resilient Communities and a Diverse Geoscience Workforce (Moscone South, Poster Hall; 08:00-12:20)
- ED32B-02: Evaluation Methods Employed in the Development of a Middle School Instructional Unit about Weather (Moscone South, 213-214, L2; 10:35-10:45)
- ED32A-08: Mosquitoes Buzz around GLOBE! – The Challenges and Successes of a Citizen Science Project; Presentation; GLOBE Implementation Office Director Dr. Tony Murphy (Moscone South, 215, L2; 11:30-11:40)
Thursday, 12 December:
- GH41B: Environment, Pathogenic Agents, and Infectious Diseases (Moscone South, Poster Hall; 08:00-12:20)
In addition, drop by the AGU Cinema and take in a short film or two about Earth and space sciences. You will see the GLOBE Learning Expedition in Ireland among them (Location: Moscone West 2001A, L2; Times: Monday, 08:00-10:00; Tuesday, 08:00-09:00; Wednesday, 08:00-10:00; Thursday, 08:00-10:00; and Friday, 08:00-12:00)
To learn more about the fall meeting, click here.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office