GLE - New Delhi, India
From 4 - 8 August, more than 300 members of the GLOBE community from 28 countries took part in the 2014 GLOBE Learning Expedition (GLE), co-sponsored by The GLOBE Program Office, GLOBE India and the GLOBE Asia and Pacific Region. The theme of the 2014 GLE was GLOBE for Sustainable Communities, with a focus on water and having four strands:
- Water Quality (hydrology measurements)
- Watersheds and Water Supply (precipitation, water bodies)
- Hydrologic Cycle (precipitation, soil moisture, soil, surface and air temperatures, land cover-transpiration)
- Water Quantity and Climate
The GLOBE Learning Expedition provided an outstanding opportunity for GLOBE students, scientists and teachers from around the world to work together to share their research and to form relationships for future collaborations.
View the slideshow/video of highlights of the 2014 GLE
Goals of the 2014 GLE were to provide opportunities for:
- strengthening of GLOBE student understanding of Earth science through data collection and research activities around the world;
- showcasing student research using GLOBE data;
- learning from and interacting with top level scientists; and
- sharing information on how to leverage the GLE and other community events for the betterment of The GLOBE Program.
- Research presentations by GLOBE students and teachers
- Keynote addresses by distinguished scientists, educators and supporters of GLOBE
- Cultural activities by GLOBE students
- Eco-Engineered Products Show (click here for details)
- Poster presentations by GLOBE students
- Hands-on demonstrations of GLOBE protocols and activities
The Program (agenda) for the GLE is available here.
Participants shared their photos, thoughts and reports, during the GLE on the GLE Community page.
Venue for the 2014 GLE was the Hotel Mapple Emerald, Rajokri NH-8, New Delhi, India; in close proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India.
On 3 August, the 18th Annual Partner Meeting was held in advance of the GLE. The inaugural meeting of the newly formed GLOBE Working Groups was also held, on 2 August, as part of the week-long gathering in New Delhi.
Conference Sponsor: Vernier Software and Technology