Here are a couple resources that crossed my desk in August which you might find interesting:
US Regional GLOBE Student Research Symposia (SRS)
- On 21 August 2020, Dr. Eleanor Jaffee presented the results of the 2019 Evaluation at a Watercooler for Partners and teachers. The Watercooler is posted to the YouTube channel.
- The full 2019 Student Research Symposia Evaluation report has been posted to the GLOBE website, along with an Executive Summary. https://www.globe.gov/documents/14718/68789401/GLOBESRS2019EvaluationReport.pdf
- On Thursday 17 September 2020 at 4:10pm ET, there will be a Watercooler for Partners and teachers to discuss the 2021 SRS or ideas for replacement activities. Register now and let us know your thoughts!
via MailChimp (to U.S. Partners and Teachers)
Via Weekly Watercooler (driven by COVID-19, for all U.S. Partners and Teachers, hosted on the Teacher Watercooler YouTube Playlist)
- 07 August 2020 – U.S. GLOBE Regional Revitalization – Garry Harris, Dr. Janet Vail
- 21 August 2020 - 2019 SRS Evaluation, Dr. Eleanor Jaffee
- A small group of educators and Partners who are from and work in Indigenous communities are meeting to discuss GLOBE and potential collaborations. Please let me know if you would like to join this group.
- The logistics of how the Mentor Trainer/Trainer approval process will work is being developed! I look forward to the new GLOBE Trainers will be able to add smoothly.
- GLOBE Mission EARTH Roundtable discussions with teachers who innovated ways to use GLOBE during remote/virtual teaching are being added to the U.S. Teacher Watercooler playlist. Great advice for those of you still virtual!
- I am attending the NASA Citizen Science Community Workshop Series (which has so many wonderful speakers and is free!) when possible. https://nasacitsci2020.gmri.org/
Ongoing and Links
o US_GLOBE Tweets. (MailChimp Listserve is automatically posted here.)
o U.S. Partner Regional Newsletters: https://us15.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=5ebf221a509d67f480a54035f&id=ab45496ccd
o YouTube SRS Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfpnkASII_NYizulT6T1oyEguQq3002S1.
o GLOBE Mission EARTH YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxjON_EoZ9H-aWaN5b3qOA.
o U.S. Teacher Watercooler Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfpnkASII_NbopB8w1iGPrtWkh_K3UDpK
o GLOBE New Hampshire listserve: http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=59b086dd93b33c82132b5c645&id=64d6be5193
o Student Research Symposia https://www.globe.gov/web/united-states-of-america/home/student-research-symposia.