New Timeline Animation Tool Added to the Visualization System – Measurements Made Easy!
Tip of the Week: Want to see your measurements over time? Then you’ll want to check out the new timeline animation tool, which was just added to the GLOBE Visualization (Vis) System!
When you enter the Vis System, just click on the movie icon next to the map date. (The tool will open at the bottom of the screen.) Then:
- Select a date range (make sure you have already added the desired protocol layers).
- Click a date to open the calendar interface. (You can also select a date range by moving the date range slider on the timeline.)
- Determine the time interval (each day, 1 day per month or 1 day per year).
- Press the play button to preview the animation.
- Press record to create an animation to save to a file.
- Once recorded, press the download icon to save the movie to your computer.
To check out the new animation tool, click here.
Additional enhancements to the Vis System include the ability of users to “see” all observations under a school or partner, and to identify dates with measurements on the calendar (by simply looking for the protocol icons).Need some assistance? Additional instructions are in the Vis tutorial – or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office