As you know, April 2020 is all about trees. The NASA GLOBE Observer (NASAGO) is having the Trees Challenge 2020: Make Every Tree Count event for the entire month of April. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of the GLOBE Program, the NASA GLOBE Observer is hosting this month-long citizen science challenge in April 2020. During this challenge, we want to get as many tree height observations from around the GLOBE using the NASAGO App Trees Tool on your mobile devices. If you haven’t downloaded the App yet, please CLICK HERE or type in NASA GLOBE Observer into your search box in the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS.
Once you have the App, we are asking all members of the Trees Campaign to join “Team Trees Around the GLOBE Student Research Campaign.” It is simple to do! Here are the complete steps (please note that many of your have probably already completed many of these steps and all you have to do is join the team.
- Download the GLOBE Observer app (free on Android or iOS)
- Register for a GLOBE Observer account and join Team Trees Around the GLOBE Student Research Campaign
- Visit: https://www.globe.gov/web/team-trees-around-the-globe-student-research-campaign/home
- Click on Join Team and enter Code: GLIDMD6U
- Take the in-app training (Introduction and Tutorial sections) to learn how to measure tree heights. IT’s super simple!
- Please share this information with all your friends and family too.
- Measure the heights of as many trees as possible.
- Make our team victorious.
Every NASAGO Tree Height observation submitted by Team Trees Around the GLOBE Student Research Campaign, during April 2020, will be added to our team total. The individuals, schools, and registered teams that measure the most trees will be recognized as top observers in the challenge. For complete information, visit the challenge website, https://observer.globe.gov/trees-2020.
Cheers and please contact me with any questions regarding joining the team!