Instructions for Submitting an IVSS 2021 Report
Traducir al Español
Each IVSS student project should include the following components below and should be submitted via the Virtual Science Symposium Report Tool. Make sure to have all the items prepared before accessing the tool. You will have editing access within the Report Tool. Please do not submit identical reports multiple times.
Your project submission must include all of the items listed below:
- A Complete Written Research Report: Your report needs to include: A Title, an Abstract or Summary, Introduction, Methods and Materials, Results and Data, Discussion, Conclusion, and Citations. Requirements vary by grade level. Please check the rubrics page to see what is required for your grade level. Report templates by level are available to use under the "Resources" page on the left hand tool bar, and don't forget to include GLOBE data in your report!
- Formatting: The complete, written research report should be submitted as .PDF or .DOCX/.DOC. If including more than one language, make sure the report is just one file. If any other file types are submitted, we may not be able to open them and therefore would not be able to include them in the judging process.
- Badge(s) Description: For any of the additional badges (you may select up to three), include a short summary of how each badge has been completed in your report. (Note: Students must receive two additional badges and a four star report to be considered for the drawing.)
- Presentation: In your project, you are required to include a presentation about your work. Choose one of these options: include a link to an uploaded video hosted on an online video sharing site (YouTube, Vimeo, TeacherTube, etc), create a presentation poster that describes and outlines your research, or create a Story Map about your research (you can add your StoryMap link in the video link section of the upload tool). Poster files can be .ppt, .pdf, an image file or a Story Map link. Please do not upload the actual video, just the video link! The presentation should be focused on the student research. Videos should be 10 minutes or less.
- Thumbnail Image: An image to be displayed with the student report.
- Photo Release Forms: All individuals who appear in photos or videos must send in a photo release. Please save all the photo releases into one file.
Reports are due March 10th 2021. Projects submitted after this date will not be scored.
Check out our GLOBE Student Blog to read firsthand accounts from past IVSS students!
*Due to technical issues this year, report submissions will not be published to the website right away. We appreciate your patience as we resolve this issue.*