GLOBE Students: Are You Attending the 2018 GLE in Ireland? Be a Keynote Speaker!
GLOBE students! Are you attending the 2018 GLOBE Learning Expedition (GLE) and the 22nd Annual Meeting in Killarney, Ireland? Would you like to be a Student Speaker? From among the students registered for the GLE, one student from each GLOBE region will be selected to present a keynote address (5-10 minutes). If you are comfortable with public speaking and want to share your experiences as a GLOBE student, you may apply to be considered for the honor of representing your region at the 2018 GLE!
Step 1: The first thing to do is to make a short (3-5 minute) video.
This will give us a chance to evaluate your ability as a public speaker and your enthusiasm for your topic. (You don’t need to be a professional speaker! You just have to speak sincerely about your participation in GLOBE.)
Start your video with a short introduction. Tell us:
- your name
- your city and country
- the name of your school
- your grade level
In your video, please answer one or more of the following questions:
- How long have you been involved with GLOBE?
- What do you enjoy most about GLOBE?
- Have you have been involved with the International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS)? If so, what did you gain from the experience?
- Are you engaged in any research or in any community service that includes what you have learned from being a GLOBE student? If so, tell us about it.
- Why do you want to be a speaker at the 2018 GLE?
The video should be a short version of what you will want to talk about if you are selected to speak in Ireland. It can be done in English or in your first language. (NOTE: If you submit a video in a language other than English, or if English is not your first language, then please provide English subtitles on the video.)
Step 2: Once you have completed a short video, send it to your Regional Coordination Office (email addresses are provided below).
Along with a link to your video, please send the following information:
- your name
- your school name and location
- your age and grade level
- your teacher’s name and contact information (including email address)
- a media release form signed by a parent or guardian providing permission to use the video on the GLOBE website
Regional Coordination Office contact information:
- Africa: email@example.com
- Asia and Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe and Eurasia: email@example.com
- Latin America and Caribbean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Near East and North Africa: email@example.com
- North America: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 15 March 2018. RCOs will make their selections and send them to the GIO by 01 April.
The videos of the selected speakers will be hosted on the GLOBE YouTube channel and shown live for our Earth Day Celebration in 2018.
Please note: This opportunity is exclusively for students who will be attending the GLE with a teacher, parent, or supervisor. We are unable to provide funding or supervision to students solely for the purpose of being a Keynote Speaker.
To learn more about becoming a keynote speaker, the GLE registration process, costs, and accommodation information, please visit the GLE information page.
We look forward to seeing you in Ireland!
Keep up with the events on social using #IrelandGLE2018.type: globe-news
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office