15 March Deadline! U.S. Sophomores/Juniors: 2019 Summer Internship Opportunity in STEM Enhancement in Earth Science (SEES) Program
The United States GLOBE program is accepting applications for a GLOBE intern at the STEM Enhancement in Earth Science (SEES) 2019 Summer High School Intern Program. This opportunity is open to U.S. GLOBE high school Sophomores and Juniors. Application deadline is 15 March.
Selected interns will learn how to interpret NASA satellite data and work with scientists and engineers at the University of Texas at Austin Center for Space Research. For more information on this internship opportunity, click here.
Use the directions below to apply through U.S. GLOBE.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your online application by 15 March 2019. The application includes essay questions that you must answer as part of the application. (You may wish to answer the questions on a separate document and then cut and paste your answers into the on-line application.)
You will need to respond to each of the following questions in the application (there is a 250-word maximum for each question):
- Why would you like to be selected for the SEES program?
- How will your experience in this program impact your plans for the future?
- Share any important academic or life experiences in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- Include, in the application, the name and email address of a GLOBE teacher who will submit your letter of recommendation.
- Prepare a short introduction video showing who you are, where you are from, and how GLOBE activities have influenced you in a positive way, or given you skills that are valuable for an academic team research setting.
SUBMITTING A VIDEO
- When submitting a video, remember that you are submitting a link (URL) to your video (such as on YouTube.com, youku.com, tudou.com, some other video hosting site, or your own website), not the video itself.
- Do not secure your video with a password. (It is recommended that you make the video unlisted.) The following descriptions apply to YouTube.com, but should be applicable to other video hosting sites. YouTube has three privacy settings:
- Public: This means anybody can find it and view it. Do not use this option.
- Private: This means it can only be seen by the you, and the people you select. Do not use this option.
- Unlisted: This means that anybody who has the link can view the video, but it doesn't appear in your channel or in search results. Use this option.
- Please email your video link URL to Jennifer Bourgeault at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “SEES Intern Video 2019” and your last name in the subject line by 15 March.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office