2018 Autumn European Phenology Campaign
The 2018 Autumn Phenology campaign is on now! Observe autumn leaf color change and green down, make time-lapse videos, and collaborate with international students. The campaign will continue until the last leaves fall. So, join now - before the leaves start turning yellow.
During the campaign, you can:
- Observe leaf color change and green down using GLOBE learning materials.
- Make time-lapse videos with Grow App -- a perfect and easy to use app for biology and geography classes alike.
- See the graph of your tree color change using the GLOBE Visualization tool, and compare your observations with those taken by other participants.
- Cooperate with international students from a partner school within the School Collaboration group.
- Compare your observations with satellite data and with meteorological measurements.
- Make learning fun and exciting.
During the campaign, we will focus on the following 7 species that are mostly found throughout Europe and Eurasia: oak, beech, birch, hazel, sour cherry, lime and fig tree.
How to Participate:
- Visit the campaign website.
- Become a member of the European phenology campaign community. You will get updates about the campaign and ideas on how your students can explore nature.
- Download the GrowApp and create your own time-lapse movie.
- Register for the School Collaboration group.
- Share your pictures and results in the discussion forum.
We look forward to welcoming you to the European Phenology campaign community!
Event Topics: Campaigns and Projects (IOPs, Webinars, etc)
Event origin: Europe and Eurasia