GLOBE Protocols and Learning Activities
With GLOBE protocols you can monitor a branch of your tree and observe the green up or green down of the leaves.
GLOBE Data Entry
- GLOBE data can be submitted using the GLOBE data entry app or on a desktop pc (after you took the data with the data sheet that you find above).
- The GrowApp and GLOBE data entry app are currently not integrated so you can take a picture with the GrowApp separately from adding GLOBE data.
Visualize GLOBE data
Looking at GrowApp data
- A first look at phenology. Students explore patterns, similarities, and differences among plants at the same location.
- A sneak preview of budburst. Students observe the relationship between budburst and temperature.
- Green down (age 11-14). Students learn to ask questions while using the research cycle.
- What's hidden in tree buds (age 11-14). Students get familiar with the structure of the buds of deciduous trees, they observe the bud sprouting and changes that trees undergo in spring.
- Color Palette (age 11-14). Students record the color change of an observed tree.
- Confused buds (primary school). Students learn how to record measurements, sort and evaluate data.