GLOBAL News - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
U.S. Sophomores/Juniors: 2020 SEES Summer Internship Opportunity Deadline 01 March
The United States GLOBE program is accepting applications for a GLOBE intern at the STEM Enhancement in Earth Science (SEES) 2020 Summer High School Intern Program. This opportunity is open to U.S. GLOBE high school Sophomores and Juniors. Application deadline is 01 March.
Selected interns will learn how to interpret NASA satellite data and work with scientists and engineers at the University of Texas at Austin Center for Space Research. For more information on this internship opportunity, click here. However, USE the directions below to apply through U.S. GLOBE.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your online application by 01 March 2019. The application includes essay questions that you must answer as part of the application. (You may wish to answer the questions on a separate document and then cut and paste your answers into the online application.)
ESSAY QUESTIONS: Your essay question response should not exceed 1,250 words. Describe yourself and discuss each of the following as part of your essay. You are not limited to these areas:
- important academic or life experiences in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math);
- extracurricular activities that have influenced you in a positive way (include skills you deem valuable for an academic team research setting);
- your current academic path and career plans;
- how your experience in this program will impact your plans for the future; and
- share your prior experience in STEM opportunities.
You must include in the application the name and email address of a GLOBE teacher who will submit your letter of recommendation.
Prepare a short introduction video telling us who you are, where you are from, and how GLOBE activities have influenced you in a positive way, or given you skills that are valuable for an academic team research setting.
SUBMITTING A VIDEO: When submitting a video, remember that you are submitting a link (URL) to your video (such as on YouTube.com, youku.com, tudou.com, some other video hosting site, or your own website), not the video itself.
Do not secure your video with a password. Instead, we recommend that you make the video unlisted. The following descriptions apply to YouTube.com, but should be applicable to other video hosting sites. YouTube has three privacy settings: Public, Private, and Unlisted.
- Public means anybody can find it and view it. Do not use this option.
- Private means it can only be seen by the you, and the people you select. The video doesn't appear in your channel or in search results. Viewers you select must have a Google account to log in and see the video, and the you must also know to whom to grant permission. Do not use this option.
- Unlisted means that anybody who has the link can view the video, but it doesn't appear in your channel or in search results. Use this option.
Please email your video link URL to Jennifer Bourgeault at email@example.com with the words “SEES Intern Video 2020” and your last name in the subject line by 01 March.type: globe-news
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office