News - United States of America
Life Discovery-Doing Science Education Conference
CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
2nd Life Discovery-Doing Science Education Conference
October 3-4, 2014
San José State University, San José CA
Do you have ideas to bring the thrill of biology and real world connections to your students? Then join in Realizing Vision and Change, Preparing for Next Generation Biology. Share your lesson ideas and connect with professional scientists who can provide feedback and help clarify and update content to keep your students engaged and interested in biological sciences at the Education Share Fair. Instructors, researchers, curriculum developers, technology experts and department leaders are all vitally needed in this project and welcome!
Conference organizers proposals for the Education Share Fair Roundtables (45 mins) to exchange ideas that are suitable, scalable, and adaptable to secondary and post-secondary levels of education in addressing the objectives of the K12 Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Vision and Change for Undergraduate Biology Education (V&C).
What is the Education Share Fair Roundtable format?
Each presentation will be at a roundtable with up to seven other participants. Discussions can cover issues related but not restricted to core concepts, teaching methodology, misconceptions, assessment or educational extensions. This session is designed for educators to share lesson ideas and resources (images, datasets, charts, case studies, videos etc.) at any stage of development to receive peer feedback. Success stories and preliminary ideas are both welcome. All presenters are strongly encouraged to publish developed teaching ideas in the LifeDiscoveryEd Digital Library as a record of conference proceedings.
Sponsor and Exhibit opportunities are now available
Questions? Contact email@example.com
The Life Discovery ‐ Doing Science Education Conference is a collaborative initiative among:
- Ecological Society of America
- Botanical Society of America
- Society for the Study of Evolution
- Society for Economic Botany
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- Center for Excellence in Education (CEE)
- Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI)
- Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability (DANS)
- Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN)
- The GLOBE program
- National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
- National Education Association (NEA)
- The Nature Conservancy's LEAF program
- Project Kaleidoscope at AAC&U
- US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development (USPESD)
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office