News - University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus
2021 IVSS Reports Can Now Be Uploaded – Reports Must Be Uploaded by 10 March
Reports for the 2021 International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS) can now be uploaded. Teachers have until 10 March to upload their students’ IVSS reports; however, reports will not be published on the website until late February.
The focus of the 2021 IVSS is Data Analysis. Students are welcome to use new or old data in their projects. GIO is also encouraging students to present research in creative ways – such as using storytelling tools (video, online, etc.).
To submit your reports, click here.
Miss the January Webinar? The Recording is Available!
In January, GIO hosted the webinar: “STEM Storytelling from an Apache Point of View.” The webinar is part of a series of webinars focused on helping students craft their reports for the 2021 IVSS. The webinar featured four speakers from Mescalero, New Mexico, USA, as they discussed STEM storytelling and their experiences creating projects for the IVSS: Nate Raynor (Mescalero Apache School Teacher), Butch Blazer (Former President of the Mescalero Apache Tribe), and two students from the Mescalero Apache School, Kameryn Chino and Shylo Cochise-Klinekole.
To view the recording of this (and other 2021 IVSS webinar recordings), click here.
Have You Checked Out the New Student Blog?
The new Student Blog is a place for GLOBE students to share about their past experiences with the IVSS, the U.S. Student Research Symposia (SRS), and GLOBE events. On this blog, you can share:
- what you have learned working with others during the IVSS process;
- what it was like working with professionals in STEM;
- what you would change and/or do differently next time; and
- mistakes you learned during the process.
To complete a blog entry submission, click here.
Inspiration at Your Fingertips!
Are you seeking inspiration on possible 2021 IVSS research topics? Then check out GLOBE’s current measurement campaigns!
To explore the current measurement campaigns, click here.
Important 2021 IVSS Dates/Events:
- Reports Accepted: February through 10 March 2021
- Due Date for Student Reports: 10 March 2021
- Judging Webinar: 29 March 2021, 09:00 a.m. MT (To access, click here.)
- Judging Period: 29 March through 05 April 2021
- Feedback and Virtual Badges Shared: 22 April 2021
- Drawing for Stipends: 22 April 2021
For more information on the 2021 IVSS, click here.
For questions regarding the 2021 IVSS, please email: email@example.com.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office