Calendar Competition - 2013 Calendar - Student Climate Research Campaign
SCRC Calendar Competition
2013 Calendar Art Competition
All the submissions are available for viewing on The GLOBE Program's Facebook Page.
Goal: Highlight and document students working to understand local climate.
GLOBE students submit original artwork or photographs to be featured on a GLOBE Calendar for 2013 and the students submit a brief statement about how they are using GLOBE to understand and research their local climate.
Who: GLOBE students from around the world
What: Students create original artwork and submit a high quality scan or picture of the art to be used in a GLOBE Calendar. Students may also mail in original art to the GPO. Please note that materials submitted will not be returned.
Suggestions for art:
- Show yourself as a scientist
- Show a GLOBE Protocol in action
- Show something unique about your local environment
- Be creative!
- Submissions due no later than 30 September 2012.
- Top entries will be highlighted on the GLOBE web page and social media starting on 15 November 2012.
- Entries will be shared via GLOBE social media
- GLOBE Calendars will be provided to all participants and mailed December 2012. Additional calendars will be available for purchase in the GLOBE store.
What Needs to be Submitted :
- Artwork: A high quality scan or a clear picture of the original art. Permissible file types include .jpg, .tif, .bmp, or .gif.
- Summary: Students submit, in their own words, brief statement (100-150 words) summarizing how they are using GLOBE to explore local climate *and* how the submission reflects their local climate. Include summary in English and the students' native language if applicable.
- Contact information: Student(s) names, grade level of student, teacher name, school name, preferred email address and postal mailing address. Point of contact if the student work is selected as a winning submission and full postal mailing address of where awards should be sent.
How to enter submissions
- Send all required materials to email@example.com as an attachment OR
- Mail all required materials to:
The GLOBE Program
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307
Judging criteria and point assignment:
- 10 pts: Artwork details: high print quality, related to GLOBE and climate science, depicts an aspect of local climate
- 10 pts: Summary details: Depiction of local climate is described in summary written in student's native language, and if possible, translation to English, between 100-150 words long.
- 5 pts: Submission includes all requested contact information
- 5 pts: Receipt of all materials (artwork, summary, contact information) by deadline
3 winners selected from each Region.
- 1st place: Trophy, certificate of achievement, inclusion in the 2013 GLOBE calendar, a 2013 GLOBE calendar
- 2nd place: Plaque, certificate of achievement, inclusion in the 2013 GLOBE calendar, a 2013 GLOBE calendar
- 3rd place: GLOBE flag, certificate of achievement, inclusion in the 2013 GLOBE calendar, a 2013 GLOBE calendar
All entrants will receive a certificate of participation and calendar
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.