Students in art education classes work with contour maps, draw landscape diagrams, and study soil colors. GLOBE teachers, country coordinators and scientists also use art to communicate their ideas. Ms. Aniko Orgovanyi, former Country Coordinator for GLOBE Hungary, initiated the idea of promoting connections between GLOBE and the Arts during the 2004 GLOBE Annual Conference.
Dr. Graeme Stephens, Principal Investigator of the NASA CloudSat Mission, former GLOBE Principal Investigator for Atmosphere, and currently a University Distinguished Professor at Colorado State University, is a gifted artist. His oil paintings of clouds line the hallways of Colorado State's Atmospheric Science Building.
Music- Sounds of GLOBE
Music classes can participate in the Sounds of GLOBE or perhaps even lead the way for the creation of a new GLOBE music CD!
The following files are from the GLOBE Music CD.
Please note: all audio files are in MP3 format.
- GLOBE's for children (Finland)
- GLOBE homepage, here we come (the Netherlands)
- We all live downwind (Alaska, USA)
- Save our planet, save the Earth (Arkansas, USA)
- Alaska's worth more (Alaska, USA)
- Moder Jord (Mother Earth) (Norway)
- We have all the instruments (Finland)
- Temiz bir dnya (For a clean world) (Turkey)
- The ship called Earth (the Netherlands)
- Factory ships (Alaska, USA)
- One (Portugal)
- Destination unknown (Norway)
- Mission Earth (Finland)
- The wish - New York State (New York, USA)
- GLOBE's for children
- The ship called Earth