About STEM Stories & Instructions
About STEM Stories
Submit a GLOBE STEM Story
GLOBE is always gathering stories of students, teachers, and alumni who have been influenced by their GLOBE experiences to pursue further education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Our STEM Stories typically focus on:
- Current GLOBE students who intend to pursue further education in STEM
- Former GLOBE students who are currently engaged in higher education in STEM areas, or who are working in STEM careers
- Teachers who have sought further training in STEM subjects to either enhance their capabilities as an instructor or further their career in a STEM field. This education can be conducted through either a GLOBE training or another professional development program.
Our STEM Stories are inspirational pieces that exemplify GLOBE's lifelong impact on our community members. If you have a GLOBE STEM Story you want to share with us, check out our "Guidelines for Submitting a STEM Story" below.
Guidelines for Submitting a STEM Story
To share your STEM Story with our team, follow the steps below:
1: Provide Necessary Background Information
Your STEM Story must include:
2: Answer Relevant Questions
Provide answers (if applicable) to the following questions:
- How did you come to be involved with GLOBE?
- How has GLOBE influenced the course of your STEM education or career?
- If you are a student, are you considering a future in STEM?
- If you are an alumni who has chosen to pursue higher education in STEM, what were some of the pivotal experiences you had as a GLOBE student that influenced your decision?
- If you are a teacher, how has GLOBE influenced STEM learning in your classroom/school?
3: Send Us an Email
Once you've gathered all the necessary information, compile it into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, remember to "cc" your Country Coordinator and make sure you include:
- "GLOBE STEM Story" in the "Subject" field
- The questions from step two along with your answers to said questions
- You can include as much detail as you want to share. Additionally, make sure to check the accuracy of event dates and the spelling of names and places. Lastly, before you submit your STEM Story, conduct one final editorial review and correct for errors.
- At least one high-quality photo of yourself, preferably engaged in a GLOBE activity.
- Important: Do not insert the photo into the body of the email. Instead, include the photo as an attachment.
- Your attached Media Release Forms
- Before we can publish your photos on the GLOBE website, we must receive a signed Media Release Form from every identifiable person depicted within the submitted photographs. To download and learn more about our media release forms, check out our media release page.
4: Wait for Review
After we receive your submission, the GLOBE Communications Team will review your story and contact you via email. We'll then work with you to produce your story and share it with the worldwide GLOBE community.
If you have any questions about GLOBE STEM Stories or the submission process, you can reach out to our communications team.