Tree Reporters Challenge
You regularly visit a tree and follow its seasonal changes. Perhaps you have a nice tree close to school. But do you really know it? Let's get to know the tree in a different way! Choose one of the two challenges organized by GLOBE Europe and Eurasia Regional Office and become a Tree Reporter.
When? October 22 – November 19
The best videos and posters will be selected by the Europe and Eurasia GLOBE Regional Office and presented to the international community at the webinar Our Autumn with Trees on December 1.
How to participate in Tree Reporters Challenge?
Imagine that you are the GLOBE Program Reporters’ team. Choose a tree close to your school or home. It can be a tree that you observe within the European Phenology Campaign or any tree that you like. Make an interview with the tree.
You can create a video for Tree TV or a Poster for Tree Magazine, or both. The topic of the interview is up to you, but keep in mind to make it attractive for the listener/reader.
Submit your interview through an online form by November 19.
Participants who will meet the requirements will receive a GLOBE certificate!
The best videos and posters will be presented to the international community at the European Phenology Campaign webinar Our Autumn with Trees on December 1.
Tree TV Video Requirements
- Maximum 1 min long video of your interview.
- Introduce your team as GLOBE Program Reporters.
- You can shoot your video in English or in your own language. In both cases, add English subtitles to the video or write down the transcript of what was said and submit it together with your video.
- Send us a media release form signed by each adult and by the parent of each student in the video.
Tree Magazine Poster Requirements
- Send a picture of your hand-made poster or use PowerPoint, BoookCreator or another tool.
- Don't forget to introduce yourselves as GLOBE Program Reporters and include a picture of your team with the tree.
- You can create a poster in English or in your language. To a poster in a language other than English, add a transcript of the interview.
- Send us a media release form signed by each adult and by the parent of each student on the poster.
Europe and Eurasia GLOBE Program Region Coordination Office
Event Topics: Other Competitions
Events origin: Europe and Eurasia