GLOBE Alumni Community
The GLOBE Alumni Organization is a strong network of students who have graduated from secondary school and have the desire and commitment to participate in the activities of the GLOBE Program at a higher level. The GLOBE Alumni Organization was initiated by European students who worked with their country coordinators to stay connected to their GLOBE learning community in a volunteer capacity. These students made an appeal at the 2005 Annual Conference in Prague that GLOBE consider extending their services and help guide their organizational efforts.
Vision: The GLOBE Alumni Organization is a corps of volunteers who support and assist the GLOBE partners in their country and their region to further engage GLOBE students in inquiry-based research opportunities.
Mission: GLOBE Alumni:
- Form Alumni Organizations in each of the six regions: Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Near East and North Africa, and North America.
- Serve as energizers/motivators for students.
- Serve GLOBE in an advisory capacity.
- Participate in the GLOBE school networks as e-mentors.
Values: The GLOBE Alumni organizations:
- Provide continuity and a community of memory for The GLOBE Program.
- Ensure a link to the trends and culture of today's youth.
- Provide learning and networking opportunities for GLOBE students and alumni.