News - INFINITY Science Center Partner
Top Trees Around the GLOBE Campaign Data Champions and Land Cover IOP Results for January
The Globe Program would like to congratulate the top most active Trees Around the Globe Student Research Campaign participants taking at least 10 measurements for tree height, land cover, and greenings measurements in January!
Tree Height (1,551 Total Measurements/Observations from 710 locations):
- Bielecki, from Poland, with 116 submitted measurements
- M. Parashar, from India, with 114 submitted measurements
- Clemente, from the Philippines, with 67 submitted measurements
- E. Al-Rashedi, from Saudi Arabia, with 58 submitted measurements
- Veseljic, from Croatia, with 49 submitted measurements
- V. Badai, from Ukraine, with 27 submitted measurements
- Vasylchyshyn, from Ukraine, with 24 submitted measurements
- Prieto, from Argentina, with 14 submitted measurements
- O. Gupta, from the United States, with 11 submitted measurements
Land Cover (400 Total Measurements/Observations from 229 locations):
- O. Gupta, from the United States, with 101 submitted measurements
- Prieto, from Argentina, with 21 submitted measurements
- Kojundžić, from Croatia, with 10 submitted measurements
Greenings (19 Total Measurements/Observations from 14 locations):
- M. Algarni, from Saudi Arabia, with 10 submitted measurements
January 2020 Land Cover IOP Results—and Data Champion:
During the January IOP, 400 land cover measurements came in from 229 location in 10 countries around the world! The champion for the January 2020 Land Cover IOP is: O. Gupta from the United States, with 101 submitted measurements!
“Thank you all for the amazing amount of data submitted to the GLOBE database, and for helping us all understand the many local environments,” Brian Campbell, Trees Around the GLOBE Student Research Campaign Lead, said.
To see the maps representing the top student/campaign-based measurement countries for each of the three measurements, and for the January IOP, click here.type: globe-news
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office