Land Cover / Biology
- Land Cover / Biology Introduction
- Land Cover / Biology Basic Protocols
- Land Cover / Biology Advanced Protocols
Additional Land Cover / Biology Training Resources
- Biosphere Protocols and Learning Activities
- Protocol Videos
- MUC Field Guide - This is found under the "Documents" tab.
- Tree Finder by May Theilgaard Watts - This is a manual for identifying trees. It is not written or produced by GLOBE, but has been shipped as part of GLOBE Teacher's Kits in the past. It is available through a variety of outlets, including Forestry Suppliers, a GLOBE vendor. [Tree Finder books at Forestry Suppliers]
- MultiSpec Software - the MultiSpec Software package is a resource for opening and visualizing Landsat satellite imagery. It is produced and provided for free download by the Laboratory for Remote Sensing at Purdue University. [MultiSpec Software]
- MultiSpec CD Tutorials and Images - the contents of the MultiSpec CD are available for download. Additional materials for supporting use of MultiSpec in GLOBE are available from the Land Cover Team at the University of New Hampshire. [MultiSpec Tutorials] [MultiSpec Additional Materials]
- Landsat Images - USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science (http://eros.usgs.gov/) provides a variety of free Earth-science data products. Another source of free Landsat data for all regions is the Earth Science Data Interface from the Global Land Cover Facility at the University of Maryland. This data requires being processed (which can be done with MultiSpec) to be useable for GLOBE land cover studies. For information about this, please see the tutorial Finding, Importing and Making Subsets of Free Landsat Data.