About & Contacts - Latin America and Caribbean
Latin America and Caribbean Overview
About the Region
Welcome to the Latin America and the Caribbean Region page
The primary role of each Regional Coordination Office is to conduct support services to the countries in their respective region, rather than have this support stem solely from the GLOBE Implementation Office (GIO). In general, each GLOBE Regional Coordination Office is responsible to provide the following services:
- Help Desk and basic support services to all community members in the region;
- Sustainability through identification and generation of external funding from sources within and outside of the region;
- Translation of relevant GLOBE and GIO communications and regionally-produced materials in the languages of the region if needed, and dissemination of information to community members;
- Recruitment of community members in existing countries and identification and assistance of recruitment of new countries in the region in collaboration with the GIO Director (or designee);
- Logistical organization of regional student research campaigns and any other events (including the Annual Region Meeting) as outlined and agreed upon by the Regional Governance Board or advisory committees;
- Building and collaborating with the region's Alumni and Scientist Network; and
- Record keeping and evaluation reporting as required by the GIO.
To see the Regional Meeting 2022 Report, click here.