WE NEED YOUR TREE HEIGHT DATA: TAKING MEASUREMENTS IS SUPER EASY!
During each IOP, GLOBE students will:
- Take measurements of tree height and one additional protocol, from the suite of campaign protocols found at https://www.globe.gov/web/trees-around-the-globe/overview/start-taking-measurements,
- take measurements at least three times per week for one month at the same study site for both protocols.
- The tree height measurements should be of the same trees each time for each site.
- You can have multiple sites, thus increasing the number of trees measured.
- Even though it may seem strange to measure the same trees 3x per week, this is very important for helping to increase measurement precision and accuracy.
- Once the ICESat-2 and GEDI data is available for comparison to your tree height data, your multiple measurements will provide a much more robust and dense dataset.
- report their number of tree height measurements and identify the additional protocol measurement and number of measurements by the 5th day of the following month to Brian Campbell
Each participant will receive a Virtual Tree Height IOP Badge
The GLOBE school with the most collected tree height data and additional protocol data will receive:
· A Virtual one-on-one Q and A session with a NASA scientist, researcher, or engineer.
· Virtual Tree Height IOP Winner Badge
Check out https://www.globe.gov/es/web/trees-around-the-globe/overview/iops- for more information.