- Teachers from NASA Langley summer internships reported (through a Zoom presentation) how they modified their curriculum using GLOBE and on projects they completed at Langley to create GLOBE classroom-friendly resources.
- Elena Sparrow from University of Alaska Fairbanks shared this publication with the Partner Listserve: Spellman KV, Sparrow EB, Chase MJ, Larson A, Kealy K. 2018. Connected climate change learning through citizen science: an assessment of priorities and needs of formal and informal educators and community members in Alaska. Connected Science Learning 1(6): 1-24. Journal link to article: http://csl.nsta.org/2018/05/connected-climate-change-learningthrough-citizen-science/
- New GLOBE Partnership in Nevada – Nova77 STEM.
- AREN hosted 30 Upward Bound students in a STEM Day event at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and participated in a STEM Day at the Baysox game in Bowie, Maryland.
- From University of Wisconsin Madison: “…just wrapped up our 2019 GLOBE workshop yesterday (another great group!). This Sunday we'll be hosting an open house for the NSF sponsored CHEESEHEAD project which will feature the efforts of the teachers and their students who were GLOBE trained in 2019. Dr. Michael Notaro, Associate Director for the Center for Climate Research and I are interested in the opportunity to host 2020 Midwest Regional event.”
US Regional GLOBE Student Research Symposia (SRS)
- I am working with Nice Marmot Films LLC on turning the video footage from the 2019 SRS into short films. They will include two experience films (Northeast & Mid-Atlantic and Southwest) and a general impact film.
- Rob Limon, a videographer in California, is working with the WestEd/UC Berkeley Partnership to create a short film about the 2019 event.
- Metropolitan State University Denver sponsored the 2019 SRS travel and hotel for the teacher they had been working with from Oklahoma.
via News Items