The State of Trees – February 2024
Event Time: 1:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET
Please join us as we continue our discussion on student research methods and ideas for the GLOBE 2024 International Virtual Science Symposium “Climate Investigations: Understanding Earth as a System” as part of the GLOBE Year of Climate and Carbon Campaign. This webinar will feature an interactive discussion, through examples, on how students can analyze and synthesize GLOBE land cover, tree height, greenings, and data through easy-to-use methods, minimizing the often-overwhelming task of wading through lots of data. We will discuss the three questions posed at the January 2024 Trees Around the GLOBE Student Research Campaign webinar:
- Will your students be submitting a 2024 IVSS research project?
- What are some student research ideas you are thinking of?
- What do you need from the Trees Campaign team?
Our featured presentation will be from a GLOBE Superstar Teacher, Diana Johns, from Crestwood High School in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA. Come hear about how Johns has been working with her exemplary students preparing student research projects for GLOBE IVSS over many years and learn about how her students work with GLOBE data and discover tips on what does and doesn't work when working to develop and implement successful student research projects. This is sure to be a very valuable and exciting webinar, especially if your students are going to submit 2024 IVSS projects by the 6 March 2024 due date.
- Title: The State of Trees – February 2024. Roadmapping Student Research for IVSS 2024 through data analysis, data synthesis, and first-hand experience with a GLOBE Teacher Superstar!
- Date: Tuesday, 13 February 2024
- Time: 1:00 p.m. EST (6:00 p.m. UTC, 7:00 p.m. CET)
For more information, contact Brian Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about IVSS, visit the GLOBE IVSS webpage.
Events origin: GLOBE Implementation Office