Sites not belonging to school available to enter data - Community Feedback Forum - Community Feedback Forum
Community Feedback Forum
These message boards are a place for you to let us know about things that you would like to see as the website grows, and a place where you can contact us if you find something on the site that is broken or that does not work as you would expect.
This area of the site is not intended to replace a call to your normal Help Desk representative; it is to give you a place to leave a comment and to see comments from others (to get a sense of what areas of trouble others are having or features that other users are requesting).
I was just adding two sites that my teachers are going to submit data from this summer and trying to move them up to "My Procedures" for my school organization IAS Ed. Programs. However, really wonky things began happening as soon as I started moving sites to/out of the "My Procedures" by clicking on the + and - buttons. First, after clicking off just 1 data entry type for 1 of the 3 sites I already had in "My procedures" all 3 sites and all data entry options in "my procedures" disappeared and only one site (the one I had clicked off) remained in the available procedures list.
I chose to ignore that and add the firs new site. After successfully entering the new site and going back to "My procedures" the other 2 sites which had been available at the start were back visible in that area. I clicked all of the - buttons on the protocols for those sites and THEN sites that do not belong to my school organization began showing up!!!! Here is a screen shot.
I will report this into the bug system, and update you all once we have some additional information. Please make sure to let me know your OS version and Browser Version as well as sometimes these type of issues are Browser/OS specific.
Computer System Info:
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
Service Pack 1
i5 650 @ 3.20Ghz
6Gig RAM 5.74 available
Java Console active 6.0.35 (it might have been updated since those screen shots - that is handled remotely for us)
I also have Firebug installed but disabled - it might have been on when this happened.
I have Chrome (Version 28.0.1500.71 m) and IE 9 installed as well and could *try* to duplicate what I was doing with those if you want.
Things in common between the to times this happened:
Happened after defining a new atmosphere site.
I had also clicked sites up/down during the same
Logged in as myself (teacher, trainer, and partner roles)
I can't remember now if this was the case the first time but this time:
All my own sites are gone.
All the sites I now see look like they might belong to a single school.
Last time I didn't try to enter data on one of the sites that isn't mine. This time it seemed like I should at least see if it wil LET me. So I clicked on water vapor data entry for one of the sitres. The next page that loads is the water vapor data entry but the site selected is my top atmo. Site and the drop down list of sites on this page is all my sites and no others. So that is good.
Jon, I'm AT training this week, but I will try to keep tabs on this forum.
The information on GLOBE.gov includes postings and content provided by GLOBE members. This website provides and hosts this information solely for our users' information and convenience. With the thousands of documents and postings occurring, the GLOBE Program cannot guarantee there won't be errors or inappropriate comments. The Program makes no claim, promise or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the content on this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website. Refer to the usage Terms and Conditions and remember Your Responsibilities before posting any information to all GLOBE forums. GLOBE encourages users to report inappropriate information or posting.