Events - Latvia
Earth Day 2024 - GLOBE Student Conference in the Czech Republic
Location: Mělník, Czech Republic
We cordially invite students and teachers to join the GLOBE Student Conference that will take place on 22 April 2024 at the Jan Palach Grammar School in Mělník, Czech Republic (see map).
This event provides a unique opportunity to meet face-to-face with other GLOBE teams, gain new experience and knowledge, as well as initiate inter-school collaborations.
Come and share the results of your research with students from the Czech Republic and other countries, learn from scientists’ feedback and celebrate Earth Day!
GLOBE Student Conference 2024 consists of student presentations of school projects and a project market. For more information, please check the Program.
Conditions for participants
The number of participants is limited to 2-5 students and 1-2 teachers from one school. Students must be at least 12 years old, and knowledge of English is required. GLOBE country coordinators and teachers without student teams are also invited.
Students will present their research during the Student Conference. Each team prepares a presentation about their research project, including their research question, hypothesis, research plan, experiment and results.
This year we encourage school teams to connect their research to the Birthday of Planet Earth and the GLOBE Program - Earth Day. In your presentation, please try to answer the following questions:
- What are the environmental aspects of your project? How can it be a gift to Planet Earth?
- What actions have you taken, or do you plan to take within your project to benefit the Earth and the local environment?
You will receive feedback from scientists after presenting your project.
- 26 EUR/person - without any accommodation (see our Tips for accommodation)
- 30 EUR/person - accommodation in the gym with own sleeping bag and mat (Sunday to Monday) included. Please note that the accommodation is very basic and there aren´t separate rooms for boys and girls.
- The fee includes lunch, snack and water (drink) during the Conference
- Teams arrange travel, accommodation in Prague or Mělník and other meals independently.
How to Join?
Fill in the registration form (fill in your names, choose your lunch and method of payment) by Thursday, February 29th at the latest.
- Send us your PRESENTATION by April 10. We will send you closer information and address (link) in March.
- Prepare an interactive and engaging ACTIVITY (not necessarily related to your project) for the PROJECT MARKET. The activity should actively involve other conference participants.
- GDPR – we need the consent of all participants to the publication of photos and videos from the event (GDPR) for publicity purposes of the GLOBE program.
- Download GDPR forms for:
- A SCHOOL THAT HAS THE CONSENT OF ALL ADULTS AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES OF CHILDREN
- SCHOOL - COMPLETE SIGNATURES OF ADULTS AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES OF CHILDREN
- INDIVIDUAL - ADULT OR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE OF THE CHILD
- You will be asked to upload a scan of the signed consent (GDPR), we will send you closer information and a link in March.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you at the conference!
Event Topics: Meetings
Events origin: Europe and Eurasia