With the events of the last month, the U.S. GLOBE Office took some time to #ShutDownSTEM, think, gather ideas, listen and learn. Moving forward, we will be looking at some actions that we can take to better support our communities, and GLOBE colleagues, teachers and students.
US Regional GLOBE Student Research Symposia (SRS)
via MailChimp (to U.S. Partners and Teachers)
Via Weekly Watercooler (driven by COVID-19, for all U.S. Partners and Teachers)
- 5 June 2020 – GLOBE Annual Meeting Q&A with Katie Chapman from GIO
- 12 June 2020 - #ShutDownSTEM Discussion: Changes that can be made in U.S. GLOBE communication and practice to raise visibility of achievements of colleagues from communities that are marginalized. (if you would like more details, contact me!)
- 19 June 2020 - My NASA Data: Elizabeth Joyner, NASA Langley, describes how to find, access, and visualize data with My NASA Data's Earth System Data Explorer.
- 26 June 2020 – U.S. Partner Pre-Meeting for the Annual Meeting Collaboration Session with Country Coordinators and Partners
via News Items
- I highly recommend watching the inspirational Dr. Raj Pandya’s keynote from the NASA Citizen Science Community Workshop Series hosted by the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, a GLOBE Partner! Discovery, Learning, Equity and Action: Unleashing the Power of Citizen Science. Raj Pandya directs AGU’s Thriving Earth Exchange. From the site: "Thriving Earth Exchange connects scientists and communities, including historically marginalized communities, so that they can work together to design and lead science that addresses community priorities. He is interested in how the sciences can be more engaging, how inclusivity contributes to scientific innovation and societal relevance, and how the sciences can be allies in advancing equity in society."
- From the #shutdownSTEM discussion with the GLOBE Partner community, the U.S. Partners decided to add a book discussion to our meet-ups. The first book will be “Teaching When the World is on Fire” edited by Lisa Delpit. Sign-up form for participants and facilitators is here. We will be discussing the book at our 31 July 2020 Watercooler.
- Created a GLOBE Playlist with all the videos that mention GLOBE in the STEM for ALL Multiplex. https://multiplex.videohall.com/p/1841/2297
Ongoing and Links
- United States GLOBE Social Media and Reference:
- MailChimp Archives:
- SRS Reference Pages