About GLOBE Stars & Instructions
Submit a GLOBE Star Story
Our Star Stories highlight extraordinary examples of projects, events, and activities conducted around the world that align with GLOBE and our mission. These stories can cover topics like:
- Student research benefiting the environment
- Students helping research scientists through collection and interpretation of environmental data
- Students impacting a local community by developing community awareness or introducing new research tools and technology
- Teachers and schools developing networks to expand GLOBE in a country or region
- Effective collaborative endeavors
GLOBE Star Stories are the "bright lights" that spark our imagination and inspire us with news of GLOBE at work in the world. If you have a GLOBE Star Story you want to share with us, check out our "Guidelines for Submitting a Star Story" below.
Guidelines for Submitting a Star Story
To share your Star Story with our team, follow the steps below:
1: Provide Necessary Background Information
Your Star Story must include:
2: Answer the Relevant Questions
Provide answers to each of the following three questions:
- What do you want to tell us about?
- Why is it important to you?
- Why is it important to GLOBE?
Important: Please include quotations! Quotes make a story come alive. Be sure to gather the words of students or others who can offer insight or anecdotes about your Star Story.
3: Send Us an Email
Once you've gathered all the necessary information, compile it into an email and send it to email@example.com. In your email, remember to "cc" your Country Coordinator and make sure you include:
- "GLOBE Star Story" in the "Subject" field
- The questions from step two along with your answers to said questions
- You can include as much detail as you want to share. Additionally, make sure to check the accuracy of event dates and the spelling of names and places. Lastly, before you submit your Star Story, conduct one final editorial review and correct for errors.
- At least one high-quality photo of the event/activity
- Important: Do not insert the photo into the body of the email. Instead, include the photo as an attachment.
- Your attached Media Release Forms
- Before we can publish your photos on the GLOBE website, we must receive a signed Media Release Form from every identifiable person depicted within the submitted photographs. To download and learn more about our media release forms, check out our media release page.
4: Wait for Review
After we receive your submission, the GLOBE Communications Team will review your story and contact you via email. We'll then work with you to produce your story and share it with the worldwide GLOBE community.
If you have any questions about GLOBE Star Stories or the submission process, you can reach out to our communications team.