GLOBE Campaign and Event FAQs
1) What is a GLOBE campaign? A GLOBE campaign is a long-term, field measurement campaign that last for multiple calendar years and utilizes one or more of the GLOBE protocols to engage the community in furthering field research and promote data entry for the GLOBE database. GLOBE campaigns are either global or regional.
The current Global Measurement Campaign proposal process is under review and will be released to the community in March/April 2021. For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com
2) How many global campaigns does GLOBE run in a year? The GLOBE Implementation Office runs 2-3 global campaigns per calendar year.
3) How many regional campaigns does GLOBE run in a year? Regional campaigns are managed by GLOBE regional and country coordinators and more than 2-3 can happen in a calendar year. The GIO does not closely manage the regional campaigns. However, pitches for these campaigns need to be submitted to the GIO campaign liaison for data and information tracking. To run a regional campaign or event, please contact your GLOBE regional or country coordinator.
4) What does my Global Measurement Campaign proposal need to include? To prepare to submit a Global Measurement Campaign proposal, you need to include:
-Your campaign title.
-Which GLOBE protocol(s) you will be addressing.
-A brief summary of your campaign.
-Your exact campaign dates (including the year).
-Main contact and team contact info (name and email addresses).
-Be willing to develop a communication plan with GIO.
-Explain what type of measurements will be done during this campaign.
-Know what requirements from the GIO, website, and technology you will need to run this campaign.
-Write an inclusion statement about how your campaign will be accessible for all members across a global, multi-cultural community.
5) What types of campaigns does GLOBE run? GLOBE hosts a) global and b) regional campaigns, as well as IOPs (intensive observation periods) and a variety of events and projects. One of the main differences between campaigns and events is that GLOBE global campaigns run for a number of years and require monitoring by the GIO, whereas regional campaigns, events, and projects are typically shorter, are not closely monitored by the GIO, and span anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks. All GLOBE campaigns and events focus around a specific GLOBE protocol. Global campaigns are approved and tracked by the GIO and engage the worldwide GLOBE community. Regional campaigns are managed by a GLOBE regional or country coordinator and engage a specific region or country. Events and projects are managed and tracked by whoever is running them.
6) How do I submit a campaign proposal? The current Global Measurement Campaign proposal process is under review and will be released to the community in March/April 2021. For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7) What types of social media do GLOBE campaigns use? We currently use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to promote GLOBE campaigns. To find out more information about GLOBE Social Media practices, please contact Autumn Burdick, our Social Media and Communications Director at: email@example.com
8) What if I want to submit a project, webinar, or event idea that is apart of a current global campaign? To submit a webinar, event, or project idea that would take part under an already existing global campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
9) What if I want to propose an event or project that's separate from a campaign? To submit an event or project idea, please fill out the Event Proposal Form and email email@example.com. Please note that events and projects proposed last minute, or within only a few days to weeks from the start date, may not be considered and may not be advertised on our social media platforms.