Calling All GISN Members/STEM Professionals: GLOBE Students Need Your Help with the 2018 IVSS – Sign on Today!
Calling all GLOBE International STEM Network (GISN) members and STEM professional! There are many ways that you can participate in the 2018 GLOBE International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS).
The IVSS is a way for students from all GLOBE countries to showcase their hard work. With GLOBE, students learn the practices of science through hands-on investigations in their own communities, sparking their curiosity and interest in science. This often leads to inquiries that help solve real-world problems and further understanding of our global environment. Now it's time for your students to show the world what they've learned!
This year, as a GISN member or STEM professional, you can:
- check the Student Groups Looking for Mentors page to see what student groups need help; and/or
- sign up to be a mentor or a judge on the Volunteer Sign-Up page.
Your assistance would truly be invaluable! Sign on today!
- Informational Webinar: 25 October 2017
- Reports accepted for submission: 01 January 2018 to 01 March 2018
- Reports and presentations due: 01 March 2018
- Judging webinar: (TBD)
- Judging period - 18-24 March 2018
- Feedback and virtual badges released: 06 April 2018
- Live drawing for stipends: 06 April 2018
IVSS Informational Webinar
Dr. Julie Malmberg from the GLOBE Implementation Office will host an informational webinar about the 2018 GLOBE IVSS on Wednesday, 25 October, at 1:00 .p.m. MT/3:00 p.m. ET/19:00 UTC. If you are unable to attend the webinar, you can submit questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dr. Malmberg will answer them during the webinar (which will be recorded). Plan to join via this URL on the 25th: https://zoom.us/j/217948903.
New information on the IVSS will be added to the GLOBE website regularly, so be sure to check back soon!
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office