Summer 2018 Paid Internships for Science Teachers at NASA Langley (USA) – Become a GLOBE Certified Teacher (Applications Due 01 March)
The Science Directorate at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, USA is seeking in-service and pre-service teachers to come to NASA Langley during summer 2018 and work with the science education team to become GLOBE certified teachers.
As a part of the professional learning experience, teachers will engage in GLOBE protocol data collection and analysis, learn about science connections to NASA, and participate in lectures from a diverse group of GLOBE partners serving various communities and grade bands.
As a result of the experience, teachers will gain a better understanding of how GLOBE can be implemented across a variety of school and community settings. Interns will complete an individual GLOBE protocol focus with oral presentation and summary of work, followed by a culminating activity that involves support of a GLOBE protocol training to further develop their role as a GLOBE teacher.
To be considered for the opportunity, participants need to complete the internship application that is posted through NASA’s Intern program: https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/students/login/. (Start by creating an account on OSSI by clicking “Register as a Student.” All applicants, including in-service educators, will need to register as a "student." These positions are open to in-service and pre-service teachers.)
- Opportunity Title: Science Education Intern: Becoming a GLOBE Certified Teacher
- Opportunity Post (must be signed into OSSI to view): https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/students/searchOpps/index.cfm?solarAction=view&id=30069
- Internship Location: On-site at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, USA
- Dates: Applications due by 01 March
- Stipend: Pre-service $6,000 and In-service/Graduate $7,500
- Summer Internship: 04 June through 10 August 2018 (this is full-time, 40 hours/week; dates are somewhat negotiable)
For technical issues with registering or applying, contact Christine Dillard at: email@example.com.
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office