20 April 2017: Informational Webinar for IVSS Judges
Event Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
The 2017 GLOBE International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS) is accepting student reports through 03 April. Judges are needed to help score the projects after they have been submitted.
There will be an informational webinar (which will be recorded) on 20 April at 10:00 a.m. MT/12:00 p.m. ET. Judging will need to take place between 23-29 April. (Judging will consist of filling out a Google Form with your scores and feedback for the project.) The link to join the webinar at the time of the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/621414156
Volunteer STEM professionals are needed to to assist student researchers as they complete their research. Students may have questions about a science topic or the research process in general. (While signing up does not guarantee that you will be contacted, we like to have a list of available volunteers for our students.)
If you are interested in participating as a judge and/or as a mentor, please fill out this form. You will be contacted in late March. (If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
The 2017 IVSS takes place online, and K-16 students from any GLOBE country may participate. GLOBE students use the GLOBE data they entered into the database and should collaborate with scientists, including STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) professionals who are part of the GLOBE International STEM Network (GISN).
- Informational Webinar: 19 October 2016
- Rubrics posted: 04 November 2016
- K-4 (Lower Primary) Webinar: 07 December 2016
- Reports accepted for submission: from 03 January 2017 to 03 April 2017
- Reports and presentations due: 03 April 2017
- Informational Webinar for Judges: 20 April 2017 (10:00 a.m. MT/12:00 p.m. ET)
- Judging and comment period: 23 - 29 April 2017
- Scores and badges announced: 15 May 2017
Event Topics: Campaigns and Projects (IOPs, Webinars, etc)
Event origin: GLOBE Implementation Office