GLOBE Announces the 2021 GLOBE IVSS! Informational Webinar on 07 October 2020 – Reports Due 10 March 2021
It is once again time to gear up your curiosity; ignite your scientific imagination; refine your ability to question, examine, and study; and engage in the 2021 GLOBE International Virtual Science Symposium (IVSS). And, keeping in mind the guidelines set by local governments with regard to COVID-19 precautions, this year’s focus is on data analysis! The due date for projects will be 10 March 2021, so mark your calendars.
The IVSS is a way for primary through undergraduate students from all GLOBE countries to showcase their hard work. With GLOBE, students explore the natural world through hands‑on investigations in their own communities, sparking their curiosity and interest in science. This often leads to inquiries that help solve real-world problems and further understanding of our global environment.
IVSS Informational Webinar: 07 October
The GLOBE Implementation Office (GIO) will host an informational webinar about the 2021 IVSS at 09:00 a.m. MT/11:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. UTC, on Wednesday, 07 October. Join Amy Barfield and Sarah Parsons to learn more about the 2021 IVSS.
To access the webinar on 07 October, click here.
Additional 2021 IVSS Dates/Events to Keep in Mind:
- GLOBE Data Science Intro and Q&A with GIO’s Ksenia Lepikhina: 14 October 2020, 09:00 a.m. MT (To access on 14 October, click here.)
- Mapping your GLOBE Data with ESRI ArcGIS: 28 October 2020, 09:00 a.m. MT (To access on 28 October, click here.)
- Reports Accepted: Mid-to-late January through 10 March 2021
- Due Date for Student Reports: 10 March 2021
- Judging Webinar: 29 March 2021, 09:00 a.m. MT (To access on 29 March, click here.)
- Judging Period: 29 March through 05 April 2021
- Feedback and Virtual Badges Shared: 22 April 2021
- Drawing for Stipends: 22 April 2021
For more information on the 2021 IVSS, click here.type: globe-news
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office