My Tree in Spring
Trees are beautiful. They wake up again with each spring.
Observe your tree from buds to leaves and upload your measurements into the GLOBE database.
Select one of the 7 species (Hazel, Fig, Lime, Oak, Cherry, Birch, Beech) that GLOBE students around Europe follow in spring.
Register for the campaign to obtain 5 activities for students and earn GLOBE virtual badges for your school! Deadline is February 15th.
What else can you do?
- Take pictures with GrowApp and make a time-lapse video.
- Share your results and pictures with other schools at the discussion forum.
- Get inspired by research and activities of other students.
- Post a video story of your tree.
- Connect to teachers and students from other countries within the School Collaboration group.
„During observations, the students tend to be more perceptive as they were interested in how the weather temperature affected the budburst. They’ve found out which tree burst earliest and which latest, which tree’s leaves grew fastest during the same weather conditions.“
Rasa Gaidiene, Anyksciai distr. Troskunai Kazys Inciura Gymnasium, Lithuania
Activities for students:
- Activity 1: My Tree
- Activity 2: Look at the Buds + Data Sheet
- Activity 3: First Leaves
- Activity 4: My Data + Guide – How to upload data on globe.gov
- Activity 5: Green Color Scale
Schools that register can earn virtual badges and get them displayed on the school profile.
- Data entry – you will earn this badge if you upload data for at least one tree into the GLOBE database, following Task 4.
- Collaboration – you will earn this badge if you share:
- Picture of your tree without leaves
- Date of budburst
- Picture of your tree with leaves
at the discussion forum or send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short Video Competition
Information about the competition will be available by the end of January.
2019 Spring Collaboration group
Why join the Collaboration Group?
Apart from new knowledge about phenology, your students will also learn to communicate with international students. The skill that is essential when living in the 21st century.
How to join?
Register for the 2019 Spring Phenology campaign. In the registration form tick that you want to join the collaboration group. By February 22nd you will be matched with a partner school.
What can you do within the collaboration group?
- regularly exchange data and pictures by e-mail
- plan a Skype call and discuss your experience and results
- plan a phenology project together
For more information about the Collaboration Group contact Lenka Kleger at email@example.com.