Download Materials - European Phenology Campaign
2019_2 Download Materials
activities I field guides I e-training I protocols I GLOBE data tutorials I lesson plans
- 2021 Spring Campaign Flyer - basic information about the campaign
- GLOBE 365 Poster - there is a place to stick photos of your tree as well! If you want to receive a hard copy of the poster, contact your GLOBE country coordinator.
- Winter twigs - a key to recognising buds
- Why do the leaves change color? - learn why and how the autumn change of trees happens.
Activities for students
Activity 1: My Tree + carbon activity: Tree Growth Game
Activity 2: Look at the Buds + Data Sheet + Carbon Around Me
Activity 3: First Leaves + carbon activity: Carbon in my tree
Activity 4: My Green Up Data + Data Upload Guide + carbon activity: The Case of Missing Carbon
Activity 5: Green Color Scale
Tree field guides
Green Up/Down e-training
E-training and closer information about Green-up and Green-down: protocol e-training
How to work with GLOBE data?
Visualize GLOBE data - Instruction for visualizing GLOBE phenology data...
Looking at GrowApp data - Analyzing green index of GrowApp images
- A first look at phenology. Students explore patterns, similarities, and differences among plants at the same location.
- A sneak preview of budburst. Students observe the relationship between budburst and temperature.
- Green down (age 11-14). Students learn to ask questions while using the research cycle.
- What's hidden in tree buds (age 11-14). Students get familiar with the structure of the buds of deciduous trees, they observe the bud sprouting and changes that trees undergo in spring.
- An Alaskan Spring Mystery (Middle and high school -grades 6-12) Students learn about the timing of spring budburst and practice asking questions and analyzing and interpreting data
- Color Palette (age 11-14). Students record the color change of an observed tree.
- Confused buds (primary school). Students learn how to record measurements, sort and evaluate data.
- Podzimni Gloubak (age 6-11) – In the “Autumn GLOBE Researcher” lesson students learn, how to ask questions while investigating autumn leaves. Lesson only in Czech.
- Urceni plochy listu (age 12+) – Students learn how to prepare and conduct an experiment while calculating the surface area of a leaf using various mathematic methods. Lesson only in Czech.
Would you like to share your learning activity with the Phenology campaign community?