- GLOBE 365 Poster - there is a place to stick photos of your tree as well! If you want to receive a hard copy of the poster, contact your GLOBE country coordinator.
- Why do the leaves change color? - learn why and how the autumn change of trees happens.
Activities for students:
Tree field guides
How to work with GLOBE data?
Visualize GLOBE data - Instruction for visualizing GLOBE phenology data...
Looking at GrowApp data - Analyzing green index of GrowApp images
- A first look at phenology. Students explore patterns, similarities, and differences among plants at the same location.
- A sneak preview of budburst. Students observe the relationship between budburst and temperature.
- Green down (age 11-14). Students learn to ask questions while using the research cycle.
- What's hidden in tree buds (age 11-14). Students get familiar with the structure of the buds of deciduous trees, they observe the bud sprouting and changes that trees undergo in spring.
- An Alaskan Spring Mystery (Middle and high school -grades 6-12) Students learn about the timing of spring budburst and practice asking questions and analyzing and interpreting data
- Color Palette (age 11-14). Students record the color change of an observed tree.
- Confused buds (primary school). Students learn how to record measurements, sort and evaluate data.
- Podzimni Gloubak (age 6-11) – In the “Autumn GLOBE Researcher” lesson students learn, how to ask questions while investigating autumn leaves. Lesson only in Czech.
- Urceni plochy listu (age 12+) – Students learn how to prepare and conduct an experiment while calculating the surface area of a leaf using various mathematic methods. Lesson only in Czech.