GISN Resources - GLOBE International STEM Network
Learn about GLOBE
<-- Click on the tabs to explore GLOBE and the GISN, including: Being a Mentor, Classroom Activities, and GISN Webinars.
*Make sure you are are staying up-to-date with GISN announcements and news with the GISN Newsletters. To see past newsletters, click here. If you are not receiving the quarterly newsletter in your inbox and would like to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*New (as of August 2018): GISN Membership Activity Form
In order to promote the wonderful opportunities the GISN provides and allow our members to better engage in the network and the broader GLOBE community, there will now be a requirement for GISN members to complete one GISN related activity per year starting in 2018. For a list of possible ways to participate, please see Ways to Participate.
2. Set up your GISN account and update your profile:
- Use the login information sent to your email to first log-in. After that you can create your own unique log-in.
- Add a profile picture, video, and information about you and your research. See the GISN guide.
- Use your profile to “friend” and connect to other members in the network.
3. Connect with the community:
- Explore the GLOBE Countries and Member’s Map to find GLOBE community members.
- "Friend" GLOBE community members to send a message via the GLOBE website
4. Create collaborations: Find members based on their investigation areas and protocols using the Find a Project Collaborator page.
5. Communicate with the GISN: Share ideas, documents, and questions on the GISN Message Board.
- GISN Members must complete one GISN related activity per year
- Check out this diagram of ways you can participate in the GISN and determine what level of involvement works for you based on your time and interests.
- Write a blog post to share your scientific research with the community.
- Propose a field campaign to get data from a lot of locations.
6. Learn more Watch the other GISN Webinars to learn more tools and tips for scientists interacting with teachers and students.
Ways to Participate in the GLOBE International STEM Network (GISN)
Each relationship with a GLOBE school is uniquely determined by you and the school. Members of the GLOBE International STEM Network are mentors and role models for students. You can participate at a level that is appropriate to your skills, resources, availability, and interest.
- Visit a GLOBE school to do an activity
- Write blogs about science topics and experience related to GLOBE and your field of expertise
- Judge virtual GLOBE science symposium projects
- Judge local, in-person GLOBE science fairs
- Partner with a GLOBE teacher or school
- Use GLOBE data in your research
- Publish a journal article involving GLOBE data
- Assume responsibility for a GLOBE protocol (Guidelines for Proposing New Protocols)
- Involve GLOBE teachers and students in your scientific research
- Assume responsibilities for GLOBE student research campaigns (Guidelines for Proposing GLOBE Student Research Campaigns)
- Become a GLOBE Partner