News - INFINITY Science Center Partner
Reminder: Deadline to Apply for the GLOBE Student Vlogger Opportunity is Coming Up!
Vlog-style videos are filmed in part selfie-style and help to take its viewers on a journey into the vloggers world and what they are doing, learning and discovering. These six GLOBE students let us peek into their lives back in 2018 as part of the GLOBE Learning Expedition experience. To watch the 2018 video, go here: https://youtu.be/YSbHax79PZE
EDITOR'S NOTE: The deadline to apply is 01 March 2021. If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all GLOBE Students --
We are looking for 12 students (two from each GLOBE region) to volunteer as GLOBE Student Vloggers. This position is competitive. The selected GLOBE Student Vloggers will create vlog–style video content for the GLOBE YouTube channel (also to be shared across all the GLOBE social media platforms).
To apply to be a GLOBE Student Vlogger you will need to be a current GLOBE student with an ability to effectively communicate in the English language. You will also need to commit to creating (film and edit) four short videos between April 2021 and April 2022. (Schedule and topics to be determined and assigned once the vloggers have been selected from each region).
To apply, please complete the following three (3) application tasks:
- Fill out and submit the application form: https://bit.ly/3tcJWxU
- Email us your signed permission form (https://bit.ly/2YpEuJP) to: email@example.com
- Film, edit and submit (upload here: https://bit.ly/3t8l4ak) a short video in vlog-style (no longer than four minutes). This video must be filmed horizontally or in landscape view.
VERY IMPORTANT: The video should take the time to properly introduce your self and also should answer one (1) of the following questions:
- What are you passionate about in connection with GLOBE?
- Does GLOBE in any way help your community? Please describe.
- Which is your favorite protocol and why?
- What is it like where you live? (Environment, community, etc.) (Please be creative and descriptive.)
- Does your GLOBE involvement affect your decision making? How? How often? Tell a story.
The video is the main component of your application and you will be rated on your filming and editing abilities, as well as your story telling, visual presence, and speaking abilities. Please no music or text additions (text overlays, or subtitles), but do show us your abilities in transitions, screen views, and pacing and flow of your footage. Filming "selfie-style" is more than welcome. We can't wait to get up close and personal and meet you all.Primary Audience: Alumni Country Coordinators Partners Scientists Students Teachers Trainers
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office