Events - United States of America
Teacher PD Webinar: Analyzing GLOBE Data
Event Time: 07:00 pm - 08:00 pm
Location: Open Office Hours for Q&A
The Analyzing GLOBE Data webinar was held December 13th, 2017.
This webinar below is pre-recorded. See other webinars in this series by visiting the GLOBE US Regional Student Research Symposia teacher resources page.
This webinar was recorded in 2016. This webinar features two presenters and topics. In the first half, Roller from the Community Support Team, demonstrates how to access GLOBE data using the new data access tool. He highlights downloading GLOBE data as various file types for use in spreadsheet and visualization software. During the second half, Jackie Wilson from the Hubbard Brook Research Foundation describes the basic types of graphs, good graphing basics, using the research question as your guide in deciding what graph to make and building these visualization skills in students.
Webinar Links and Resources:
- Hubbard Brook Research Foundation
- Harvard Forest Graphing and Data Analysis Resources
- Harvard Forest Schoolyard LTER Program
- Harvard Forest "Show Me a Picture, Tell Me a Story"
- Graph Choice Chart and Graphing Activities (Arcadia Learning for Participatory Science)
- History of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
GLOBE Links and Resources:
- GLOBE Student Research Symposia webpage
- Steps in the Scientific Process
- GLOBE's Analyze Data resource
- 25 June 2013 SCRC Webinar: GLOBE Data in Action: Examples from North America
- Retrieve and Visualize Your Data Webinar
- Visualize GLOBE Data (link and tutorials)
- Data Access Tool
- Color Brewer Tool- This neat tool helps you find the best color scheme for displaying maps.
Event Topics: Science Symposia and Fairs type: globe-events
Events origin: United States of America