GLOBAL News - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Apply to be a NOAA Planet Steward Today – Deadline to Submit Application is 27 November
Apply to be a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Planet Stewards today. Educators selected to join the Stewardship Community will be eligible to apply for mini-grant funding up to $2,500.00 to develop and carry out an environmental stewardship project.
NOAA’s Education Project (PSEP) provides formal and informal educators with sustained professional development, collaborative tools, and support to build a scientifically-literate public actively engaged in environmental stewardship that conserves, restores, and protects human communities and natural resources related to NOAA's mission.
If you join the Stewardship Community, you are committing to:
- develop a stewardship project as defined by NOAA Planet Stewards;
- participate in/view monthly PSEP web seminars (usually the first Monday evening of each month);
- view and reflect on five archived PSEP webinar videos (2017 or earlier);
- participate in a Stewardship Project Peer Review Group (one meeting a month);
- use the PSEP Wiki to post your stewardship project plans, progress updates, share resources, and comments with other PSEP educators; and
- participate in PSEP evaluation efforts (such as online surveys).
(PSEP Stewardship Project Definition: A stewardship project should be a hands-on action-based project that conserves, restores, and/or protects human communities and/or natural resources from environmental challenges that NOAA monitors. This may include citizen science projects to document changes in populations of plants or animals, or variations in the quality of air or water and to better prepare for severe weather or other environmental events.)
The application to join the PSEP Stewardship Community includes a brief project pre-proposal. If accepted, participants will work with a peer review group and a peer mentor to refine their proposal, which may be submitted for funding of up to $2,500.00 by 01 June 2018. Accepted proposals are funded for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The deadline to submit an application to join the PSEP Stewardship Community is midnight 27 November 2017. Applicants will be notified of their status by December 16, 2017.
For more information, and to download a copy of the 2018 Stewardship Community Application Template, click on this link: https://goo.gl/66BcrM.type: globe-news
News origin: GLOBE Implementation Office