2020 GLOBE Games in the Czech Republic are canceled. Save the date for the next year 27 - 30 May 2021!
Location: Zbiroh, Czech Republic
We are very sorry but we had to cancel GLOBE Games this year because of the Coronavirue Pandemic. Please, save the date for the next year 27 – 30 May 2021 in Zbiroh.
We would like to cordially invite students and teachers to join the 2020 GLOBE Games in the Czech Republic. This event provides a unique opportunity to meet face-to-face with other GLOBE teams, gain new experience and knowledge, and initiate inter-school collaborations.
Come and share the results of your research together with students from the Czech Republic and other countries, learn from scientists, and enjoy outdoor research activities!
When & Where?
From 28th May to 31st May 2020 in Zbiroh - a small historical city that is surrounded by deep forests and protected nature. Zbiroh is located about one-hour drive southwest of Prague and is well-connected with Prague by train.
How to Join?
Conditions for Participants
The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 6 students and 2 teachers from one school. Students must be at least 12 years old, and knowledge of English is required. GLOBE country coordinators and teachers without student teams are also invited.
Students will present their research during the GLOBE Student Conference. Please prepare a presentation about your research that will include your research question, hypothesis, research plan, experiment and results and send it to us. You will receive feedback on your presentation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 1: 86 EUR/person, GLOBE school accommodation
- Accommodation in the GLOBE school: 6 EUR/person/3 nights. Teachers and students sleep in a classroom that might be shared with another team. (You need to bring your own sleeping bags and mats.)
- Meals: 30 EUR
- Participation fee: 50 EUR
Option 2: 125 EUR/person, accommodation in a lodge
- Accommodation in Biskoupky lodge: https://sd-biskoupky.cz/, 45 EUR/person/3 nights
- Meals: 30 EUR (school canteen)
- Participation fee: 50 EUR
The participation fee 50 EUR/person includes:
- GLOBE Games T-shirt
- Travel costs related to the program (excursions, sightseeing)
- The assistance of volunteers of the TEREZA Educational centre and collaborating schools
- GLOBE Games information and working materials in English
The price of meals includes:
- 3 meals a day, meat and vegetarian version provided in a school canteen
- The first meal is Thursday dinner; the last meal is Sunday breakfast.
Travel costs to/from Zbiroh are not included in the participation fee.
If you have any special requirements regarding accommodation or meals, please let us know in advance. Changes in accommodation type or locality, and/or changes in meal types or times will not be accepted after arrival.
Authors of pictures: Marek Vidtman - Zbiroh castle, Miloslav Soukup - Zbiroh town, GLOBE - pictures from GLOBE Games.
Event Topics: Meetings
Event origin: Europe and Eurasia